Know someone that is the perfect fit?
Share this posting with them:
Our manufacturing company, Bluco Corporation, has been designing and supplying precision modular fixturing to the welding and fabricating industry for over 30 years. We are looking for someone who enjoys manufacturing, has some experience in welding, and who seeks a meaningful career path in a great culture.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Technician/Welder who will focus on assisting in both prototype and small production jobs. The right candidate will be a motivated individual who is capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING WHEN YOU JOIN OUR COMPANY…
- Assist Welding Department in production and prototype welding on various parts (18 gauge steel up to and including 1” thick plate)
- Assemble products made of precision parts using instructions/prints
- Read factory orders, accurately read tape measures, gauges and other test equipment
- Saw cut material using large band saw for production
- Clean and Glue high precision bushings into plates and components
- Laser Mark part number on parts ready for inventory
- Perform Quality flatness checks on steel tables using FARO tracker
- Perform end of day/end of job cleanup and breakdown. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY:
- 0-2 years Welding experience
- Mild Steel MIG Welding – Basic knowledge and understanding of specific weld wires and controls of equipment for different materials and applications. (.035” – .052” Wire Size)
- Blueprint reading experience
- Manufacturing industry experience is a plus
- Understanding of shop math/ability to convert to/from metric
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with minimal instruction
- Quality focused/shows pride in workmanship
- Ability to work well with others and work in a team environment
- High School diploma
OTHER NEEDS INCLUDE:
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs. and occasionally push/pull
- Operate, or ability to learn, Forklifts and Cranes
Do you want to carve out a great career for yourself at a company that offers a flexible schedule that was recently named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest company to work for – for the 3rd year in a row?
Our employees love working here! Between the perks and benefits, a great culture, and competitive compensation package, we boast an extremely low turnover rate since the company launched in 1990!
Fill out the fields below and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
"*" indicates required fields