Financial Accounting Manager
Know someone that is the perfect fit?
Share this posting with them:
Bluco is made up of innovators who like to push the envelope, sales engineers who are driven to do whatever it takes for our customers, and skilled technicians who accept nothing less than perfection. Our Financial Accounting Manager will be tasked with making sure that the engine powering all of that is fueled at all times, driving us forward at full speed.
Our company has been growing for over 30 years and you will play a vital role in keeping us on the path of success. You will be working closely with the leadership team on big picture initiatives. You’ll monitor the financial status of the organization and help recognize and analyze budgetary trends.
You will also help oversee the daily operations of the accounting team which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing. You will help identify opportunities for process improvement and advise us on best practices.
Our employees love working here! Between the perks and benefits, a great culture and a competitive compensation package, we have been recently named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest companies to work for – 2nd year in a row! If you believe you will thrive in a culture that shares a set of values of always wanting to “Make It Better”, then we encourage you to apply.
What you’ll be doing when you join our company:
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for accurate accounting and preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and monitor key business performance metrics to assist Management with financial decisions and cash management.
- Conduct month-end/quarter-end/year-end close processes including financial statements, journal entries and account analysis.
- Act as liaison between Bluco and outside CPA, banker, legal counsel, others. Oversee, in conjunction with outside experts, regulatory reporting to include corporate taxes, sales tax, payroll taxes, business registrations, loan compliance/renewals and insurance coverages.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and forecasts in conjunction with financial goals.
- Organize and manage all general accounting activities for the company, including general ledger, A/P, A/R, financial statement preparation, financial records, taxes, bank, cash management and other financial audits.
- Review accounting processes for internal operational support and customer service and make recommendations as part of ongoing best practices improvement.
- File reports required by government agencies.
What we need from you to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 7+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Working knowledge of business law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Strong computer skills required to include spreadsheets, word processing, databases, email
- Ability to lead teams with confidence and conviction
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and disseminate pertinent information efficiently
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
What you’ll receive from us:
- Competitive starting base salary, plus annual bonus and profit sharing
- Generous benefits, including health care, dental, vision and a fully funded HSA
- Unbelievable perks, including gym memberships, daycare cost stipends, free lunch program
- Private office space plus a flexible work schedule
Fill out the fields below and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
"*" indicates required fields