Know someone that is the perfect fit?
Share this posting with them:
Are you an analytical person, who can be an invaluable member of the accounting team?
Bluco Corporation, located in Naperville, is seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist who will work closely with our accounting team performing various tasks, with a focus on accounts receivables.
What you’ll be doing when you join our company:
Interacting with our Customers
- You will research the credit worthiness of new customers, setting them up as a new customer when appropriate and maintaining existing customer accounts.
- You will create invoicing and send on to customers.
- You will set up new rental contracts and process related repetitive monthly invoices.
- You will maintain rental program records and related reconciliations.
- You will process the cash applications in Sage 100.
- You will investigate and resolve payment discrepancies.
- You will monitor customer accounts including follow-up with customers when invoices are past due.
- You will send out monthly customer statements.
General Accounting Activities
- You will process monthly recurring journal entries in Sage 100.
- You will support month-end and year-end closing as needed.
- You will maintain collections activity schedules for the management team.
- Special projects as needed by Controller.
Working with our various software programs
- You will master the Sage 100 ERP system for Sales Order, Customer Maintenance, Invoice Data Entry General Ledger, as well as utilize reporting tools.
- You will work with Monday.com to communicate with various team members and track tasks as applicable.
Working with our Sales and Warehouse teams
- You will manage international orders, creating pro-forma invoices, border documentation and routing instructions.
What we need from you to apply:
- Accounting Degree with at least 2 years of relevant work experience OR 5+ years of Accounts Receivable experience in a manufacturing setting
- We need you to be able to multi-task as this is a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service both internal and external. You should be able to easily recall numerous “guidelines” for handling customers and respond quickly to both your team and customers.
- You should be comfortable using established business policies to make decisions.
- You should have previous experience interacting directly with customers and be comfortable interacting with them.
- You should have previous experience with invoicing and other accounts receivable related activities in a manufacturing environment.
- You should be familiar with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Do you have Sage 100 experience? That would be great – but it is not a requirement.
- Do you have experience with international shipments? Not required but definitely a plus.
What you will receive from us:
- Competitive base salary, plus eligible for annual bonuses, and profit sharing
- Generous benefits, including health care, dental, vision and a fully funded HSA
- Unbelievable perks, including gym memberships, daycare cost stipends, free lunch program
- Private office space plus a flexible work schedule
Our employees love working here! Between the perks and benefits, a great culture, and competitive compensation package, our company was named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest companies to work for 3 years in a row! Come carve out a great career for yourself!
Fill out the fields below and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
"*" indicates required fields